The Shape of Spilled Milk, a book by Matt Austin.
The Shape of Spilled Milk is a book of stories and photographs created by Matt Austin.
Covering a variety of moments–from reflections on the intimacy of romantic mornings, internet dream girls, and two-hour haircuts, encounters with birds trapped in airports and elevator handshakes with The President, to ideas of future eulogies and how Saturdays can feel in Pittsburgh–this book carries the theme of trying to be better through the process of remembering the old you(s) and old me(s).
- it's 154 pages consisting of mostly stories I've written, as well as 10 photographs
- the covers were silkscreened by Tyler Deal on a cover stock that feels like skin
- made in an edition of 250, it's available in 7 colors (the same content is within each)
- perfect bound, 6.5 inches wide by 8 inches tall
- introduction written by Tempestt Hazel
- available for $25 each + shipping